The tool of capturing Clow Cards in the Cardcaptor Sakura Anime is the Clow Wand or the Sealing Staff. There are a total of two tools that Sakura uses to capture and convert the cards.
Additionally, the reviews for various Clow & Sakura Cards are here :
– Clow Cards – American edition (Trendmasters)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition & Reprint / Deluxe edition (Bandai)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition (Kodansha)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition (Re-release, 2015) (Kodansha)
– Compare different Clow Card sets
– Sakura Cards – Japanese edition (Bandai)
– Sakura Cards – Japanese 2nd movie edition (Bandai)
Other Cardcaptor Sakura reviews :
– Ichiban Kuji, 2014 (Banpresto)
Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Wand / Sealing Staff (Re-Release) (2015) (Movic)
Movic is re-releasing the clow wand in 2015, in a 1 : 1 replica. A similar wand would be the original early release edition of 1:1 clow wand, which contains a metallic clow key.
No particular electronics components are observed at the moment.
Notes: Personally i would prefer Proplica did a replica of the original clow wand, similar to what they had done with the Sailormoon wand & rod, with the full electronics component to create the original effects.