The tool of capturing Clow Cards in the Cardcaptor Sakura Anime is the Clow Wand or the Sealing Staff. There are a total of two tools that Sakura uses to capture and convert the cards.
Additionally, the reviews for various Clow & Sakura Cards are here :
– Clow Cards – American edition (Trendmasters)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition & Reprint / Deluxe edition (Bandai)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition (Kodansha)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition (Re-release, 2015) (Kodansha)
– Compare different Clow Card sets
– Sakura Cards – Japanese edition (Bandai)
– Sakura Cards – Japanese 2nd movie edition (Bandai)
Other Cardcaptor Sakura reviews :
– Ichiban Kuji, 2014 (Banpresto)
Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Wand / Sealing Staff (Early Edition) (Bandai)
For those that had view this page before, i managed to get one of this early edition clow wand. It’s a 1998 edition, much earlier than the 1999 and 2004 releases, naturally.
The Clow Wand & Clow Key
The wand itself is much longer that the two later releases. Please check the photos below for the comparison. The clow key itself is a metallic material with a leather strap.
A comparison between Clow Wands and Clow Keys. Notice the difference in color and glossiness of the wand. The operational modes itself is split into 2.
Clow Wand test video