Clow Cards & Sakura Cards are the one of the essentials of the Cardcaptor Sakura anime.
There are various editions of Clow Book & Clow Cards / Sakura Book & Sakura Cards that exist which are listed below and this is a review for the Bandai edition.
– Clow Cards – American edition (Trendmasters)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition & Reprint / Deluxe edition (Bandai)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition (Kodansha)
– Clow Cards – Japanese edition (Re-release, 2015) (Kodansha)
– Clow Card Book (2016) (Takara Tomy)
– Clow Cards (Light Collection, 2016) (Takara Tomy)
– Clow Cards (Dark Collection, 2016) (Takara Tomy)
– Compare different Clow Card sets
– Sakura Cards – Japanese edition (Bandai)
– Sakura Cards – Japanese 2nd movie edition (Bandai)
– Sakura Card Book (2017) (Takara Tomy)
– Sakura Cards (Light Collection, 2017) (Takara Tomy)
– Sakura Cards (Dark Collection, 2017) (Takara Tomy)
– Clear Cards (2018) (Takara Tomy)
– Clow Wand / Sealing Staff (Early Edition), (Original, 1999), (Re-release, 2004), (Re-Release, 2015) (Bandai)
– Clow Wand (Hong Kong Edition, Licensed via MediaLink)
– Clow Wand (Korean Edition)
– Clow Wand / Sealing Staff (Re-release, 2015) (Movic)
– Clow Wand (2016) (Takara Tomy)
– Compare Clow Wands
– DX Star Wand (2000) (Bandai)
– Star Wand (2017) (Takara Tomy)
– Dream Wand (2018) (Takara Tomy)
– Parfait Mini Dream Wand (Takara Tomy)
Clow Book & Clow Cards (Bandai)
Bandai’s edition is said to be the version is the most like the anime’s look of the Clow Book and Clow Cards. Two sets (mint & old) are used for the review.
The basic contents and characteristics of the Bandai edition of Cardcaptor Sakura Clow Book & Clow Cards are :
The Bandai edition has the Bandai style box which is pinkish in color. There is no window to look at the Clow Book and Clow Cards that are within. A plastic holder houses all the contents of the box in place.
2) Clow Book
The Bandai Clow Book is made of hard cardboard which is non-glossy. There are no text within and the card sink is white, made of foam material. The latch is made of metal & cloth and there is “The Clow” on the spine of the Clow Book.
3) Clow Cards
The Bandai Clow Cards are glossy and are made of cardboard. There are a total of 52 cards. The Bandai Clow Cards are of the grayish style variants with specific Clow spirit highlights. On the front of the cards states the number and name of the card. On the back of the cards states the date & location of print (1999, Japan) with the license (Clamp, Kodansha).
4) Mini Cards
There are 45 mini cards which are made of cardboard material and are non-glossy.
5) Sealing Key
The Sealing key is made of plastic material and comes with a chain.
The Bandai manual is made of plastic style paper (not too sure of the type of material name). It is pinkish. It includes methods of fortune telling and the meaning of Clow Cards.
What is so special about the Bandai edition ?
The Bandai edition is the edition that is the close look-a-like edition to the anime. Both in the sense of the Clow Book and the color of the Clow Card variants compared to the different editions. The Bandai edition, both the original and reprint has its mini cards and Sealing Key which other editions lacks.
Clow Cards Gallery
Bandai Reprint / Deluxe Edition
There is no direct replica for the original Bandai edition but however there is a reprint which is similar to that of the original. The original edition is a product of 1999 and the reprint is a product of 2004. There are some differences between the two which includes:
- Color taint of the Clow Cards (Compare)
- The card sink is made of different material. Foam for the original, Cardboard for the reprint.
- The largest difference is the packaging box. No window for the original, window for the reprint.