Onmyoji is a card-based strategy game where the player can collect different cards or shikigami to fight alongside the game character.
晴明 – Seimei
神乐 – Kagura
源博雅 – Minamoto no Hiromasa
八百比丘尼 – Yaobikuni
Where to upgrade character skills?
- Completing achievements
- Levelling up the character’s spirit
Seimei is commonly used for his defence skills in PvE or PVP.
|基础术式 – 使用符咒攻击目标，造成攻击100%的伤害。
||Basic Attack – Using talisman to cause 100% damage
|言灵·缚 – 以结界束缚目标，使目标受到的伤害增加10%，并有50%（+效果命中）的概率束缚敌人，被束缚的单位可以通过使用普通攻击打破束缚解除控制。结界继承阴阳师5%的生命值，技能冷却2回合。
||Bind – Chance of 50% (+effect %) of binding an enemy unit. Increases damage taken by 10%. Enemy unit can break the bind using normal attacks. Bind is limited to 5% of character’s HP, 2 turns cooldown.
|言灵·守 – 以灵力结成一个巨大的防守结界，使敌人无法伤害队友，结界在阴阳师行动2次或承受阴阳师生命上限10%的伤害后失效，技能冷却3回合。
||Shield – Create a shield that protects teammates for 2 rounds or up to 10% of Seimei’s HP. 3 turns cooldown.
|言灵·一式 – 引爆战场内所有符咒并清除其效果，每个队友身上的符咒会为其恢复自身生命的10%，每个敌军身上的符咒会对其造成晴明攻击10%的伤害。
||Talisman Explosion – Explode all talisman and removing its effect. Teammate that has its talisman remove recovers 10% of its HP. Enemy unit receives 10% of Seimei’s attack damage.
|符咒·灭 – 为敌方全体贴上[符咒·灭]，使目标受到的伤害增加15%，效果在目标行动2次后消失，该效果不可被驱散。
||Talisman.Eliminate – AOE debuff. Increase damage taken by 15%. Effect will disappear after 2 turns, and cannot be removed
|符咒·生 – 为其他队友贴上[符咒·生]，使其受到的伤害降低15%，持续2回合。
||Talisman.Life – AOE buff. Reduce damage taken by 15% for 2 turns.
|雷帝召来 – 晴明受到攻击时有10%（+效果命中）的概率召唤神龙，神龙以灵力召来天雷攻击敌方全体，造成晴明攻击100%的伤害。
||Thunder Summon – 10% (+effect %) chance of triggering spirit dragon’s AOE attack based on 100% of Seimei’s attack damage when Seimei takes damage.
|言灵·星 – 以灵力划出五芒星结界，提升全体队友15%的伤害，持续2回合。
||Star – Teammate’s damage increased by 15% for 2 turns.
Kagura is commonly used when farming.
|伞击 – 挥舞手中的纸伞，使用灵力攻击1名敌人，造成攻击100%的伤害。
||Basic Attack – Using an umbrella to cause 100% damage
|召唤·鱼 – 召唤持续3回合的灵鱼胖金，胖金继承神乐10%的生命和100%的攻击，技能冷却3回合。
||Summon.Fish – Summon a spirit fish which inherits Kagura’s 10% HP and 100% attack damage. 3 turns cooldown.
|通灵·疾风 – 使用通灵术、将疾风之力赋予1名队友，使其立即获得1次行动机会，并增加10%的攻击，技能冷却2回合。
||Wind Blessing – Bring forward a teammate’s turn to take action, increase attack by 10%. 2 turns cooldown.
|通灵·冥蝶 – 以通灵之术召唤冥蝶群涌向敌方全体，使目标在之后的2回合中受到治疗的效果降低30%，并有10%（+效果命中）的概率使目标沉睡1回合，技能冷却2回合。
||Death Butterfly – AOE debuff. Reduce healing by 30% for 2 turns and chance of 10% (+effect %) to cause sleep for 1 turn. 2 turns cooldown.
|召唤·炼狱 – 召唤亡魂，亡魂伸出鬼手攻击敌方全体3次，每次造成攻击36%的伤害，并有20%（+效果命中）的概率为其附加持续1回合的随机减益状态。
||Summon.Hell Chains – 3 hits AOE attack. 36% per hit with chance of 20% (+effect %) to cause random debuffs for 1 turn
|召唤·伞 – 召唤具有妖力的唐伞守护全体队友，使他们受到的伤害降低20%，技能冷却3回合。
||Summon.Umbrella – Shield all teammates by reducing damage by 20%. 3 turns cooldown.
|召唤·续命 – 召唤亡魂附身并保护目标，持续2回合。若宿主在附身期间阵亡，会以灵魂姿态继续存在2回合。技能冷却2回合。
||Summon.Extend Life – Protect a target for 2 turns. If target dies will protected, the target will exist for 2 turns as a spirit. 2 turns cooldown.
|天狐神火 – 神乐受到攻击时有30%的概率触发白藏主反击，白藏主释放天狐神火攻击敌方全体，造成神乐攻击100%的伤害。
||Fox Fire – 30% chance of triggering spirit fox AOE attack with 100% of Kagura’s damage when Kagura takes damage.
Hiromasa is commonly used an attack character.
|破魔矢 – 源博雅拉满弓弦，射出带有灵力的箭，攻击1名敌人，造成攻击100%的伤害。
||Basic Attack – Attack one enemy with imbued with spiritual power causing 100% damage
|多重箭 – 源博雅拉满弓弦，同时射出带有灵力的2发箭，随机对2个敌人造成攻击100%的伤害，技能冷却1回合。
||Multishot – Fires 2 arrows at 2 random targets causing 100% damage. 2 turns cooldown.
|诛邪箭 – 源博雅快速拉弓，连续射出3发箭，攻击1名敌人，每箭造成攻击80%的伤害，每箭伤害递增10%，技能冷却2回合。
||Purification Arrow – Attack one enemy target with 3 arrows causing 80% damage. Eash sequential arrow’s damage is reduced by 10%. 2 turns cooldown.
|秘术·豹眼 – 黑豹协助作战，使用灵力增加己方全体15%的暴击伤害，持续2回合，拥有该增益的队友进行攻击时，黑豹有20%的概率对一个随机敌人释放[秘术·穷追]，技能冷却3回合。
||Secret Skill.Leopard’s Eye – AOE buff. Increase critical damage by 15% for 2 turns. Spirit leopard has a 20% chance of attack when a teammate affected by the buff attacks.
|秘术·影分身 – 制造出一个持续2回合的影分身，生命和攻击分别是源博雅30%的和60%，能够使用博雅所有的伤害技能。
|| Secret Skill.Shadow Clone – Create a shadow clone for 2 turns. Inherit’s Hiromasa’s 30% HP and 60% Attack.
|秘术·豹袭 – 战斗开始时，黑豹会随机扑向1名敌人，对其造成源博雅攻击100%的伤害。
|| Secret Skill.Leopard Strike – Spirit leopard will randomly attack 1 enemy target causing 100% damage
|悲声哀嚎 – 源博雅阵亡时，黑豹发出悲痛的怒吼，增加全体队友60%的攻击和20点速度，效果持续1回合。
||Grieving Howl – When Hiromasa dies, spirit leopard will release a AOE buff howl which increases attack by 60% and 20 speed points for 1 turn.
|秘术·穷追 – 源博雅使用[破魔矢]造成伤害时，黑豹有30%的概率进行协同攻击，造成源博雅攻击100%的伤害。
|Secret Skill.Chase – When causing damage with the basic attack, the spirit leopard has a 30% chance of attacking with Hiromasa’s 100% damage
Yaobukuni is commonly used as a support character.
|星之光 – 八百比丘尼挥舞法杖，将星光的力量凝聚成飞鸟射出，造成攻击100%的伤害。
||Basic Attack – Casting magic with the staff to cause 100% damage.
|预知 – 八百比丘尼向孔雀祈祷，使用预知之力，为全体队友增加持续守护效果2回合，带有守护效果的队友暴击时有30%的概率回复自身生命的10%，技能冷却3回合。
||Premonition – Increase defensive status by 2 turns. 30% chance of 10% HP recovery every time a member with defensive effect does critical damage.
|星之咒 – 八百比丘尼向敌人施咒语，使用星光的力量封印敌方全体，有25%的概率使目标的御魂效果和被动技能失效2回合，技能冷却3回合。
||Star Chant – 25% chance of sealing the enemy team’s 御魂 and passive effects for 2 turns. 3 turns cooldown.
|星陨 – 八百比丘尼托起手中的法阵，用坠下星光的力量对敌方全体造成伤害，造成攻击112%的伤害，并有40%的概率降低目标20%的生命上限，持续2回合，技能冷却3回合。
||Meteor – Cause 112% damage to enemies. 40% chance of reducing 20% Max HP limit for 2 turns. 3 turns cooldown.
|净化 – 八百比丘尼行动时触发孔雀净化目标，驱散一个随机友方单位所有的负面状态。
||Purify – Remove all status ailments for one team member upon Yaobikuni’s turn.
|占卜之印 – 八百比丘尼给目标队友刻上占卜之印，守护队友1回合，受到保护的目标死亡后立即复活，并回复自身14%的生命值，占卜之印不能叠加。
||Seal of Reading – Cast 1 team member with the seal for 1 turn. Affected team member resurrects with 14% HP. Not stackable with other seals.
|占卜之印 – 八百比丘尼给目标队友刻上占卜之印，守护队友1回合，受到保护的目标受到直接单体攻击时，会反弹自身受到伤害的50%（范围攻击不会触发该效果，占卜之印不能叠加）。
||Seal of Reading – Cast 1 team member with the seal for 1 turn. When attacks that hits only single enemy strikes the affected team member, reflect 50% damage taken. Not stackable with other seals.
|占卜之印 – 八百比丘尼给目标队友刻上占卜之印，守护队友1回合，受到保护的目标在一回合后回复自身已损失生命的15%，占卜之印不能叠加。
||Seal of Reading – Cast 1 team member with the seal for 1 turn. Affected team member recovers 15% HP after 1 turn. Not stackable with other seals.
Story / Chapter Walkthrough
- The story modes are separated into the normal (普通) & difficult/hard (困難) mode.
- You will need to reach the requirements before being able to enter the modes.
- Upon defeating the boss, you may receive random rewards generally listed in the drops list (掉落獎勵). You may also receive hooked jades or discover shikigami dungeons which you can challenge to get their fragments under 挑戰.
- For challenges, you will require a ticket which you can get from drops in the story modes.
Here are some of the shikigamis that will help in your efforts of defeating the story modes:
- AOE – As recommended in the farming guide, an AOE attack unit is useful in quickly defeating the enemies.
- Speed – 镰鼬 (SR grade), 山兔 (R grade). Speed boosters can help get your team the first strike needed to achieve an important action, such as immobilising the enemies. Use speed units if you need to have the first move.
- Support – 椒图 (R grade), 座敷童子 (R grade). 椒图 is able to help your team withdraw attacks from those single attack units by splitting the damage equally to each team member. 座敷童子 is essentially used for providing 鬼火, the energy required for skills in the battle.
- Healer – 桃花妖 (SR grade), 惠比寿 (SR grade), 萤草(R grade), 蝴蝶精 (R grade). 桃花妖 is able to revive units. 惠比寿 summons a flag that heals units after each turn & provides 鬼火 with a certain percentage if taken damage. 萤草 is able to perform group heals and has a little self-sustaining power. 蝴蝶精’s speed increases when a team member’s hp drops below a certain percentage.
- Control – Not really recommended as they are not that essential in the formation of 3s.
- Speed, support and healers are recommended to be at least 3 stars & above for harder chapters.
- Character+AOE+Support+Support (example – Seimei+姑获鸟+椒图+座敷童子)
- Character+AOE+Support+Healer (example – Seimei+姑获鸟+座敷童子+蝴蝶精 | Kagura+鬼使黑+椒图+惠比寿)
- Character+AOE+Speed+Support (example – Seimei+海坊主+山兔+椒图 | Kagura+海坊主+山兔+座敷童子)
Story Mode Battles
- Chapter 1 – 犬神 (AOE), 九命猫 (Single Target)
- Chapter 2 – 天邪鬼绿 (Single Target), 座敷童子 (AOE), 天邪鬼青 (Single Target)
- Chapter 3 – 天邪鬼黄 (Single Target), 凤凰火 (AOE), 寄生魂 (Single Target), 黑凤凰 (Single Target)
- Chapter 4 – 九命猫 (Single Target), 青蛙瓷器 (Single Target), 雨女 (Single Target)
- Chapter 5 – 源博雅 (Single Target), 灯笼鬼 (Single Target) 食发鬼 (AOE)
- Chapter 6 – 九命猫 (Single Target), 巫蛊师 (AOE)
- Chapter 7 – 妖狐 (Single Target)
- Chapter 8 – 樱花妖 (AOE), 山童 (AOE), 樱花妖 (AOE)
- Chapter 9 – 跳跳犬 (Single Target), 山兔 (Single Target)
- Chapter 10 – 天邪鬼绿 (Single Target), 酒吞童子 (Single Target)
- Chapter 11 – 唐纸伞妖 (AOE), 鬼女红叶 (AOE), 酒吞童子 (Single Target)
- Chapter 12 – 九命猫 (Single Target), 雪女 (AOE / Freeze)
- Chapter 13 – 唐纸伞妖 (AOE), 首无 (Single Target)
- Chapter 14 – 食梦貘 (AOE / Sleep)
- Chapter 15 – 天邪鬼赤 (Single Target), 九命猫 (Single Target), 大天狗 (AOE)
- Chapter 16 – 饿鬼 (Single Target), 武士之灵 (AOE / Heal Debuff), 赤舌 (AOE)
- Chapter 17 – 海坊主 (AOE), 两面佛 (AOE), 鸦天狗 (AOE), 荒川之主 (Single Target), 雪女 (AOE / Freeze) & 黑凤凰 (Single Target)
- Chapter 18 – 九命猫 (Single Target), 三尾狐 (Single Target), 大天狗 (AOE), 三尾狐 (Single Target) & 大天狗 (AOE) & 雪女 (AOE / Freeze) & 黑晴明 (Shield)
- Extra 1 – *No selection of unit required as it’s a fixed battle*
- Chapter 19 – 兵俑 (Taunt), 武士之灵 (Disrupts healing), 寄生魂 (Single Target). 天邪鬼赤 (Taunt), 八岐大蛇 (AOE). Kirin Minions (Single Target). 二口女 (Single Target), 骨女 (Single Target), Yaobikuni (AOE).
- Chapter 20 – 天邪鬼绿 (Single Target), 古笼火 (Single Target / Seal), 二口女(Single Target). 天邪鬼绿 (Single Target), 二口女(Single Target), 般若 (AOE / Seal). 天邪鬼绿 (Single Target), 古笼火 (Single Target / Seal), 九命猫 (Single Target), 傀儡师 (Single Target). 黑晴明 (Shield), 大天狗 (AOE), 雪女 (AOE / Freeze), 二口女(Single Target), 清姬 (AOE / Debuff). 般若 (AOE / Seal), 傀儡师 (Single Target), 二口女(Single Target), 业原火 (AOE / Debuff).
- Most battles are not difficult. Normally you may face problems from Chapter 10 onwards if your units are not strong.
- Recommended for attack units to be 5 stars by the last few chapters.
- Recommended for support / healer units to be at least 4 stars.
- If your units are not fast enough for some battles, please bring a speed support unit.
Recommended units for story mode:
- Character to use: Seimei (Shield+Defence) / Kagura (Wind+Shield)
- Multi-hit AOE attack unit (example – 大天狗, 姑获鸟, 海坊主)
- 座敷童子 (Ghost fire generation)
- 山兔 (Speed buffer)
- 椒图 (Damage spreading equally to whole team)
- 萤草 (Team healer & secondary attacker) / 蝴蝶精 (Speedy healer), 桃花妖 (Heal+Team heal upon critical+Revive)
If you have played other games, the 御魂 are like runes or wards that you equip onto a shikigami for a stats boost. The 御魂 are split into 6 sections:
- 壹 (1) – Standard Attack
- 贰 (2) – Speed / Attack % / Defence % / HP %
- 叁 (3) – Standard Defence
- 肆 (4) – Effect % / Attack % / Defence % / HP %
- 伍 (5) – Standard HP
- 陆 (6) – Critical % / Critical Damage % / Attack % / Defence % / HP %
How they work?
- 御魂 are normally equipped in pairs for a status effect and as fours (4) for the additional effect.
- You may equip loose pieces but it’s not really recommended.
- 御魂 gains a random stat every multiple of 3 levels (example, level 3, 6, 9, etc). The stat may add onto a pre-existing stat.
Places to farm the 御魂:
- Story mode – Normal mode (mostly 1 to 2 stars) / Difficult or Hard mode (mostly 2 to 4 stars)
- 御魂 – Unlock the stages by yourself and farm the stages in Team. Check the schedule. (Specific groups of 4 for Mondays to Fridays, all groups for Weekends)
- 業原火 – Tickets dropped from 御魂
- 石距 – Random stars & quantity
- Shop – For specific types of “Shop only” 御魂
- 3 types of 御魂 can be gotten through this dungeon – 木魅, 薙魂, 返魂香
- The dungeon will be unlocked from 御魂 level 4 onwards.
- You will need to use tickets dropped from the normal 御魂 dungeons level 5 onwards.
- The higher the level of 御魂 dungeons you go, the higher level the 業原火 ticket you will get. The level 2 業原火 tickets will likely drop at 御魂 level 8 to 9. The level 3 業原火 tickets will likely drop at 御魂 level 9 or 10.
- The ticket enables you to enter the respective dungeons.
- There are 3 levels for the 業原火 dungeon, and each level drops different star 御魂.
- Try not to level or enhance those 御魂 that are 1 or 2 stars. The 御魂 that are 3 to 5 stars has only a 2% difference in stats. So it’s either 3 to 5 stars or aim for 6 stars.
- In the 御魂 challenge, you can farm 3 stars from stage 5 onwards, and you can farm 6 stars from stage 7 or 8 onwards The stage that you unlocked may affect the drops of 石距.
For specific information of 御魂 (Stages, Types, etc), check here!
For 御魂 growth table, check here!
For 業原火 information, check here,
Daily Tasks & Routine Activities
To check the daily tasks, click on 任務. Complete all daily tasks & receive 20 勾玉 (Hooked Jade) & 1 百鬼夜行門票 (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons Entry Ticket).
Complete any story by defeating the story’s boss 3 times. You don’t have to defeat all the monster for the boss to show.
In story mode, the icon that hovers or swirls around a monster indicates the following:
- Coin: Increases money drop
- Daruma: Increased item drop
- Exp Scroll: Increased experience points
Click on the paper lantern 探索 (Explore).
Click on the 覺醒素材 (Awakening Material) tab.
Select the type of awakening material challenge.
For beginners, click 挑戰 (Challenge) to challenge the selected 麒麟 (Kirin) to unlock a new level. Requires 6 energy.
For daily tasks or farming, click 組隊 (Team) to form a team with other players. Requires 4 energy.
Click on 陰陽寮 to go into the guild.
Click on 結界 (Barrier) to go into your barrier.
In your barrier:
- Left – Set your barrier defence.
- Middle – Set shikigami for growth. Shikigami will only get experience if you press the EXP button on the right.
- Right – Set your experience card. You can get other various items besides from experience points, such as money, hooked jade, shikigami fragments.
- Bottom Right – The paper shikigami helps store excess energy. You can collect excess energy from the paper shikigami if you see that the table shows some sushi on it. The paper shikigami also stores excess experience points, you can claim it if there is a pop-up.
- Bottom Left – (*My image is not update) Click on Kitsune to purchase the booster for your barrier.
Click on the EXP button to complete your task.
All experience cards come with a name, duration, and experience or with item details.
To set your experience card, select from the available ones on the side.
To combine low grade cards, click on 合成 (Combine), and combine 3 into 1. However, they may or may not form a higher grade card.
You can set up to 6 shikigamis before you press the EXP button to get the experience points from the card.
1 additional shikigami can be left in a friend’s barrier to share the experience points. Similarly, a friend may also leave a shikigami to share the experience from your barrier.
Click on 好友 (Buddy) to open the buddy portal.
Click on the red heart icon to gift. Click on the yellow heart icon to receive 友情點 (Friendship Points) which you can spend in the Shop (商店).
To add friends, click on 添加 (Add) on the left to search or add random players.
To setup your personal space, click on 空间 (Space). You can select up to 6 shikigamis to display.
Click on 式神錄 (Shikigami Log).
Select the shikigami whose 御魂 you’d want to strengthen. Click on 詳細 (Details) on the right.
Select the 御魂 you’d want to strengthen. If the 御魂 that you want to strengthen is not equiped by a shikigami, click 更换 (Change).
Click on 强化 (Strengthen) to open the upgrade menu. Alternatively, 卸下 (Remove) to remove the 御魂.
Select the 御魂 you want to use to strengthen with and click 强化 (Strengthen).
Click on the paper lantern 探索 (Explore).
Click on the 突破結界 (Barrier Challenge) tab.
Select the player’s barrier whom you’d like to break. Every challenge will require 1 結界挑戰卷 (Barrier Challenge Coupon).
The number of medals indicates the difficulty.
Prizes are given when you break 3, 6, & 9 barriers. You can collect 勳章 (Medals) to spend in the Shop (商店).
Click 更新 (Refresh) to refresh the list. You can only refresh every ~10 minutes.
Click on 陰陽寮 to go into the guild.
Click on 祈願 (Wish Area) to see all wishes.
View the wishes and click on 贈與 (Gift) to gift 1 of your shikigami fragment to a guildmate. You receive a number of 勳章 (Medals) for you to spend in the Shop (商店). You can accumulate your medals this way by gifting.
Click on 發布心願 (Make A Wish) to make a wish for a shikigami fragment. You can only wish for fragments which you have at least 1 piece. You can get fragments from 百鬼夜行 (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons).
Here are some of the other routine activities to complete:
庭院 – Courtyard
- 懸賞封印 (Shikigami Bounty) – From Kitsune, the bounty list normally shows 3 random shikigamis to be defeated. You can get fragments, energy, money, or buffs when you complete the task. (Check the bounty locations in the Resource section)
- 町中 (Street) – More activities at the street.
- 召喚 (Summon) – Summon shikigami from talisman.
- Jizo Statues – Beside the Bounty, the group of Jizo Statues will update you on routine in-game events. Click on them to check the timings.
Note: At routine timings, check for paper shikigami giving free 20 energy.
- 百鬼夜行 (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons) – You will need the entry ticket to enter. You can get shikigami fragments.
- 鬥技 (Arena) – You can collect Honour (榮譽) to spend in the Shop (商店). You get minimum 40 Honour even if you lose.
- 妖怪退治 – Protect your guild’s area from monsters. You can expect to get freebies from fighting darumas or treasure boxes.
- 狩獵戰 (The Hunt) – Fight kirins of different grades with your guild. This is a guild initiated battle.
- 協同鬥技 (Assisted Arena) – You can invite your friends or guildmate to assist in fighting.
Farming / Fodder Guide
Like similar games, Onmyoji requires levelling up fodder units.
- Common fodder units are N grade units
- Note that white darumas can level up 50% faster compared to other units, so they are recommended to be fodder for higher star shikigamis
Places to level your fodder are:
- Your barrier slots / friend’s barrier slot
- Story mode: Difficult / Hard stage (Alone)
- 石距 (Octopus Ship Boss) (With others)
- 妖怪退治 (Alone)
- 妖氣封印 – 經驗妖怪 (White Daruma Dungeon) (With others)
You can also get stackable experience boosters from the following places:
- 10% boost from guild (Activated by guild masters)
- 50% boost (Purchased from shop)
- 15% boost (Purchased in Monthly Card package)
A farming unit is normally used to increase the speed of fodder growth. The normal requirements for a farming unit are:
- 4 stars & above
- AOE attack (Multi-hit preferred)
Here are some shikigamis that are normally used for farming:
百鬼夜行 (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons)
Participate in the 百鬼夜行 (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons) to gain shikigami fragments. Invite a friend using the + button.
When you enter, three shikigamis will be displayed for you to wager or bet on. You will get more fragments when you get the fragments of that specific shikigami. The specific shikigami may appear more than once throughout the whole parade.
There will be a countdown before you begin. Select the number of beans you want to throw using the bar. Strategize how many beans you want to throw and which shikigami fragments you want to collect.
Here are the boosters that you can get by throwing the beans on the flying shikigami:
- 機率up – Increased chances
- 朋友機率up – Increased chances for friend
- 凍結 – Freeze
- 減速 – Slow down
- 取得豆子 – Get extra beans
The parade ends when your beans are used up or the timer is up. You will be shown the fragments that you have collected from the parade.
I’m a beginner. What should I do?
- Free player -> If you are a free player, what I will suggest is to focus on an attack unit. You will receive 勾玉 (Hooked Jade) and you can purchase the talisman bundle over time and get more units. Pick an attack unit, grow it and try to get a farming unit (check section above).
- Paying player -> If you are a paying player that will make in-app purchases, purchase the talisman bundle and summon to your heart’s content. If you managed to summon a strong attack unit, grow and train it.
- No matter what kind of player you are, you will need to grow a farming unit (section above).
- Put your focus on the attack/farming unit. Things get easier when the unit reaches 5 stars with powered up 御魂, or 6 stars. Everything will be relatively easy by then.
- Do not focus on too many units at once or the effort will be very spread out.
- Do not look down on R grade units as there are many useful ones in that grade. Not every SR or SSR units are useful either.
- Remember to complete all daily activities.
What are the must have units?
- There aren’t any must have units, but just main categories that you should have:
- Attack – Multi-hit AOE types, examples: 大天狗, 姑获鸟. For single hit types, they are only powerful if their 御魂 is built up well.
- Healing – Most healers are useful, common examples: 惠比寿, 桃花妖, 萤草
- Support – Ghost fire (鬼火) generation & speed support are essential. Ghost fire example: 座敷童子. Speed examples: 镰鼬, 山兔. There are other support types but those are not that main focus. If you want to build them, they are 椒图 (for spreading the damage evenly amongst the team), 雨女 (speed debuff and debuff removal), 妖琴师 (bring forward a team member’s turn), 童男 (revival), 丑时之女 (support puppet for extra damage)
- Control – Control types generally control the enemy team with debuffs. Examples: 阎魔 (silent), 般若 (passive removal), 雪女 (freeze), 食梦貘 (sleep), 孟婆 (silent), 凤凰火 (daze), 鲤鱼精 (restriction), 食发鬼 (push back enemy movement by 30% on movement bar), 兵俑 (taunt), 山童 (daze)
What kind of team formations should I have?
- There are normally 2 types of formations: 4 slots (Character + 3 units) & 6 slots (Character + 5 units) depending on the type of dungeon. If you team with others, you may control 2 or 3 slots, inclusive of either the character & unit.
- Units are categorised into Attack, Healing, Support & Control units. Based on their skills and some are hybrids.
- Teams of 3s will / can usually be with 1 attacker, 1 healing/support/control, 1 support/control.
- Teams of 5s will / can usually be with 1 or 2 attackers, 0 to 2 healing, 2 to 4 support.
- It highly depends on the skill synergy between units.
- You should have at least 2 attack units (AOE or single), 2 healing units (of different skills), 3 to 5 support units (of different skills).
- Check, read and understand the unit’s skills carefully.
Which character should I use?
- Onmyoji is about the synergy of the skills of the units or shikigamis. Almost at all times of the game, speed is one of the most important factors.
- Plan a few formations and consider the speed of each unit. Match your character skills for different use or formation.
- Don’t over train Kagura if your fighting style is to use her skill to bring forward another unit’s turn. If your Kagura is too fast, your unit has to be faster in order to use its attack twice in a row.
- It’s possible to use your attack unit’s main attack 3 times in a row if the speeds are arranged correctly. This will require Kagura and 妖琴师.
How do I increase the star of my shikigami?
- The unit that you want to increase the star needs to be of max level for that star. (Example – 3 stars with max level 25)
- You can combine any fodder units of the same star, regardless of level to increase the star of your unit.
- The main unit does not need to have maxed skills for star increase. The fodder need not be of max level as well.
- Example: I want to increase the star of my unit from 3 stars to 4 stars. My main unit is level 25, the maximum level for 3 stars. I need to combine three (3) of the 3 star fodders (of any level from level 1 to 25) to increase the star of my main unit.
Where can I get shikigamis?
- Summon from talisman (Grey/Blue/Purple)
- Combine fragments from 妖氣封印 (Dungeon), 百鬼夜行 (Night Parade of One Hundred Demons), 發布心願 (Make A Wish), Challenge (挑戰/式神碎片)
- Exchange from Shop with Honour
- Exchange from 神龕 with points for selective units (wooden shrine – on the right side in the Summon area)
Why join a guild (阴阳寮)? What can I do in a guild (阴阳寮)?
- 1 – To have a barrier (结界), you need to join a guild (阴阳寮).
- 2 – You can enter the boss battle (鬼王来袭) every Monday to Thursday.
- 3 – You can enter the leveled battles (阴阳之门) every Friday to Sunday.
- 4 – You can collect more medals from Guild Wars. To enter, click on 突破结界 to enter the normal barrier challenge list. Select the 阴阳寮 tab on the side. 3 Guilds will be present, you can choose the Guild and its members to challenge. Standard 10 mins cooldown per challenge.
What does those Darumas do (xx達摩)?
- Black – Levelling up a unit’s skill (Recommended for important units)
- White – Gains experience 50% faster (Normally fodder for higher star units)
- Blue – Gives 15x more experience compared to the red
- Red – Gives more experience compared to other units
How do I level up a unit’s skills?
- Using a black daruma. Recommended for important units only.
- Using the same unit.
What can I do with the 勾玉 (Hooked Jade)?
- Exchange for the talisman bundle (符咒禮包) with 1000 勾玉. You will get 11 talismans and 10,000.
- Exchange for energy. I will only recommend exchanging twice. Each exchange cost is accumulative.
- Try not to exchange for money as you will be able to earn them regularly.
- Try not to exchange for the black talisman as the bundle is more cost effective.
What should I get from the Shop (商店)?
- Friendship points – Any of your preference.
- Honour points – Exchange for the SSR fragment & blue talisman.
- Medals – Exchange for blue talisman & black daruma.
- Other misc items except I don’t recommend purchasing 御魂 as they can be farmed unless you reallu need them.
What should I do with the tickets that are given?
- Challenge ticket – Save them. Use them only for important units. After the challenge, you may unlock the respective shikigami dungeon which you can access in 式神碎片(in Explore, the third button from the left). You can spend 6 energy to challenge the dungeon, so make sure you have enough energy to challenge if not it will be a waste.
- Barrier ticket – Use them as soon as you can. You will pick up a lot of these, so use them and collect medals for exchange in the shop.
- Night Parade of One Hundred Demons ticket – Use them. If you need to know how to play the parade game, check the section above. You can also save them to be used later during a release of new units to collect fragments.
Should I participate in the Arena?
- Yes, you should. Even if you lose, you will get 40 Honour which you can use in the Shop. Entering and exiting the battle will also award Honour.
- In this game, speed is essential, especially in the Arena.
- There are many playing styles you can use in the Arena which depends on the team or formation that you want to use.
- In most higher tier fights, the fight will drag out for quite a few rounds. Unless you can take out the enemy unit(s) in one or two hits, some players may opt for a debuff team.
Where can I find 石距 or 妖氣封印?
- You can join other players in the Team area.
- Alternatively, they will randomly appear upon the defeat of any story mode boss.
- If you want to farm the 石距 or 妖氣封印, you can go to Chapter 11, defeat the enemy starting from the right towards the left. Allegedly, the boss has a higher chance of appearance if you do so.
Help! My unit is only using normal attacks?!
- If your unit is only using normal attacks and does not use any skills during the battles, you may have clicked on its icon on the bottom right of the screen in battle. Just click it again which should show 妖術 and it will be using the skills again.
Where do I set the nickname for my shikigami? / How do I change a name for my shikigami?
- Go to the Shikigami Log and select the shikigami and click on its name. You can set up to 4 characters/letters for the name.
Where can I find the chapter stories to revisit?
- In the courtyard, click on the tree. One of the options is to change the looks and another is to re-view or revisit the stories.
How do I sell the spare 御魂?
- Go the Shikigami Log, select any shikigami, click on the 御魂 tab on the right.
- Click 更换 and click 奉纳 on the right.
- You can select up to 20 to sell. Each grade sells for a different price. When selling, random rewards may be given and special rewards may be given for selling 4 stars and above.
How do I use the AR (Augmented Reality) summoning feature?
- Go into the Summon area, click on the Purple Talisman (现世入口) on the bottom right.
- You will require one of the summon diagrams. When you click on the Purple Talisman, click on the bottom area (召喚陣) to open the instructions for the diagram. Save the diagram and use another device to open the diagram, or print it out, or draw it accurately on a surface.
- Point the device’s camera at the diagram and start the summoning.
- You can view the shikigamis that you have summoned before with the tab on the right in the AR function (with your camera pointed on the diagram).
How do I change the shikigami’s skin/look/design?
- Shikigamis grade R and above has an awaken/enlightened skin design. You can select it after awakening or enlightenment of the unit.
- Additional skins can be gotten from events or event dungeons.
- Event dungeons are only available for limited time periods.
- Official Website (China) | (Taiwan)
- Shikigami Log
- 御魂 (Info) | (Growth Table)
- Bounty Locations | Locations 2
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the game (Onmyoji) materials. This is a free guide. Please use the guide at your discretion. I (Jemolian) will not be liable for any damages incurred. I may make changes to the content due to mistakes or typos or updates to the game.